(Worley, Idaho; September 23, 2019) – Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel announces it was named “Tribal Destination of the Year” for its proactive work promoting cultural tourism. The Coeur d’Alene Tribe accepted its honor on Wednesday, September 18, during the 21st annual American Indian Tourism Conference (AITC), at Hard Rock Casino in Tulsa, Okla.
The AITC brings together nationally and internationally recognized expert speakers, tribal leaders, and the tourism industry to share thought leadership and best practices across Indian Country. Coeur d’Alene Tribe earned acclaim for its resort cultural tourism activities, a collection of creative, authentic experiences that provide enriching experiences that pay homage to tribal tradition and history.
Coeur d’Alene Casino’s Cultural Tourism Program educates and shares the culture of Coeur d’Alene Tribe. It orchestrates tours and workshops as resort activities that provide insightful, hands-on experiences into the Coeur d’Alene Tribe as a people. Examples include:
- Bison Ranch Tour – Coeur d’Alene tribal member guided tour of working bison ranch
- Tribal Homelands Guided Hike – Traverse Heyburn State Park, including breathtaking views of Lake Coeur d’Alene and the surrounding lush forest
- Last Battle Tour – full-day tour of the Steptoe Battle site with local historians and tribal member guides
- Kayaking and Canoeing Tours – tribal member guided tours filled with wildlife, nature and history
- Lifeways Workshop – “Make your own” Pendleton Moccasins, Beaded Pouch, Folded Cedar Bark Necklace and Plateau Baskets – with Leann Campbell, Coeur d’Alene Tribal artist
- Native American Sip ‘N Paint – artist guided paint workshop
“The Coeur d’Alene Casino’s Cultural Tourism Program mission is to educate and celebrate the Coeur d’ Alene Tribe’s traditions, values and history,” said Coeur d’Alene Casino CEO Francis SiJohn. “Being recognized nationally for our culture tourism activities is a humbling honor that shows we’re accomplishing our mission well.”
This is the latest honor for Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort pertaining to tourism. It was recently recognized by the National Tour Association as a “Distinguished Dozen” Silver Medal winner for it casino/gaming property. Award criteria included tour product, level of customer service, value to customers, and dedication to relationship building.
For more information about events and entertainment at the Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel please visit cdacasino.com.